Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Times, They are A-Changing - Again

I am back home. I love my husband, I really do, but I do not love trucking anymore.

Two people living in close quarters - with three dogs, I might add - and never knowing what the schedule will be or how much money they will make or when they will get home - no. Not anymore.

My older son, the one with the baby due, would like us to move to Greensboro to be near them. I was already planning on being there in April when BabyGirl arrives.

So I am home, trying to pare down the house, getting rid of old furniture left at our house by various grown children, a cousin and an erstwhile friend who left us a mess. It is still up in the air as to whether or not we will actually move. My husband reserves the right to make the final decision....

Meanwhile I am trying to live on my retirement income, just to see if it is possible. Refinanced the house and paid off the car, and the taxes and insurance on the house are rolled in, so that frees up $492.00 a month.

If possible, I would like to get rid of the stuff we don't need, pack up all the rest and move it to a storage unit in Greensboro. I would stay at my son's till the baby is born and till the mama recovers from her scheduled C-section. Then find a place to rent that is small and manageable.

I want to be with my kids and grandkids. Bottom line.

My oldest grandson, Terry, is now living with his father, my oldest son, full time. As he is almost nine, I think it is good. Boys need their fathers at this age, to show them rules and how to work and how to treat women.

We shall see what transpires.

No comments: