Wednesday, April 6, 2016

It has been far too long since I wrote here. I am not sure what the reason is; I could claim things like being a new grandmother or a new political activist for Bernie Sanders - both give me hope for the future.

But the fact is I have been writing elsewhere and neglecting this blog.

So I am back, bringing my daydreaming along.

I've been campaigning for Bernie Sanders, and learning a hell of a lot along the way.  He seems to be the brightest hope for my grandchildren's future.

While we were buying the Republican trickle-down garbage, a lot of my children's future trickled away.

Saddled with ridiculous student debt for college - $15,000 for one year  - my sons are struggling to make the payments. I don't want that for my grandchildren.

I hope to move to Greensboro this year to be closer to them.

Meanwhile I am volunteering at a local thrift store, working part-time as a food demonstrator at Costco, and writing poetry. I have even done a couple of poetry slams locally. Didn't win, but learned a lot.

Also had another poem published online, in Poetry Breakfast. I will see if I can link it to this blog.

Talk to you soon!

No comments: